Monday, February 8, 2010

Revision

I begin to start my revision process right after I type my essay. I usually don't write a a rough draft, and I just start typing. I usually re-read what I just wrote, and start from there. I'll add some things, or I'll start to take things out that i don't think are needed. I usually then print my draft out, and set it aside for a day or two, just to give myself a brake. When we have our workshops in class, that's when i really pay attention to what my partner thinks, and what Beth thinks. From there I take their advice and continue on writing my essay. I'm not the biggest fan of workshopping, but I know that it is beneifical to everyone.

3 comments:

  1. hey you spelled "break" not "brake" wrong! its cool though i got what you meant. i usually write my papers really tight so they have no room for revision. i hate revising because it usually requires me redoing my whole paper. And i feel like ive wasted time the first time i wrote my paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lauren with im not the biggest fan of workshopping but i do think its helpful as long as your serios about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree with Lauren, workshopping is very helpful. It gives me time to think about what i really want to say and how to say it.

    ReplyDelete