Monday, January 25, 2010

ThumbSucking Girl

I personally liked the way the author used so much detail but it wasn't a long eassy. To me it when i read it, i had an image of the story in my head the whole time. Sometimes reading longer essay might bore me, but this one was intresting because of all the little details. It described how they were in the car, when they could have been living from it. But you dont know for sure you just asume from the outside looking in. Most little children have to have some type of security blanket and this childs was sucking her thumb. It could have been a blanket or evey a stuffed animal. Children might grow up and still depend on that one "security blanket" to make them feel safe when they feel harmed.

2 comments:

  1. yea i liked thumbsucking girl alot because it was short. I often get bored too with long drawn out stories. And the good thing about this story is that everyone relates to it! I mean even though I wasn't attached to my thumb or a blanket, one of my best friends was always sucking her thumb and i never really understood why she did. I definately do now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with both jessica and shannia, i too often get bored reading long essays. Because for the most part they do not interest me. But thumb sucking girl was just write and too the point it didn't drag on for ever about useless details.

    ReplyDelete